Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Letter To My Cousin....(I'll let you read it too)

Hey Cuz Linda,
I just wanted to tell you about my new web site. I've dreamed for many years about making T-Shirts with slogans, sayings and remarks on them and never really took the time to make it happen. At the prodding of one of my kids ("Gee Dad, you've talked about this for as long as I can remember, but you never actually DO anything about it") I decided it was time to stop talking and start doing.

I designed a bunch of shirts (and hats and mugs and other stuff too) and then built a web site in order to sell them. I am most passionate about flying airplanes, so there's a lot of choices in that category so far. But I also have a bunch of "Topical/Current Events" type of designs too. Plus I'm working on adding as many Gamers (Xbox, World of Warcraft, etc) slogans as I can. As you might know, I'm a big sports fan so I have some of those too, with many more coming in the near future. Personally, I think the "Golf Ruined My Life" shirt might become a tongue-in-cheek favorite (or maybe serious statement for some spouses!).

My designs consist of words. That's my background, after all. I have a Journalism degree and I work with words every day as a magazine editor. A lot of the airplane stuff has a double meaning.

The web site is called www.Flying37.com and I also have a blog called www.Flying37blog.blogspot.com. Eventually I will figure out how to get the blog onto the Flying37 web site, but I have more to learn.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I was doing something that was important to me. If you have any ideas or suggestions for shirt designs please e-mail me at Flying37@gmail.com (I might get rid of the Verizon e-mail soon). If you have any comments on how I can make the web site better, don't hesitate to let me know...I have a thick skin.

Talk to you later.

Cuz Bob

No comments: